Subject: Circular / Circulaire No 19(25): Draft Host Country Agreement for the establishment of a Regional Office for Africa in the Kingdom of Morocco
From: "HCCH" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 19:50:20 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

 Version française ci-après
 Versión en español abajo <>

a

HCCH 2025 Focused Circular No 19

Draft Host Country Agreement for the establishment of a Regional Office
for Africa in the Kingdom of Morocco

Further to Focused Circular No 17(25) of 6 February, the PB informs
Members that the following document related to Agenda Item IV.1 of CGAP
2025 is now available on the Secure Portal of the HCCH website:

Prel. Doc. No 18C bis of February 2025	 Draft host country agreement
between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Hague Conference on Private
International Law (HCCH) for the establishment of a Regional Office for
Africa of the HCCH – currently available in English only

The purpose of this draft Agreement is to establish the relevant
international legal framework for the creation and operation of the
proposed Regional Office in the Kingdom of Morocco. To this end, the draft
Agreement, inter alia, recognises the legal personality of the HCCH and
the proposed Office in the Kingdom of Morocco (Art. 2), and recalls the
financial and other obligations of the Kingdom of Morocco (Arts 3 and 4).
It also ensures that certain privileges and immunities are afforded to the
office (Arts 3-7) and its personnel (Arts 9-10).

In its present form, the host seat agreement is a draft, to be finalised
after CGAP, and subject to CGAP’s decision on the establishment of the
Regional Office.

THE HAGUE, 21 February 2025

To the National and Contact Organs of the Members
To the Diplomatic Missions of the Members

  _____

a

Circulaire ciblée de la HCCH No 19 de 2025

Projet d'accord de siège en vue de l'établissement d'un Bureau régional
pour l'Afrique
au Royaume du Maroc

Suite à la circulaire ciblée No 17(25) du 6 février, le BP informe les
Membres que le document suivant relatif au point IV.1 de l'ordre du jour
du CAGP de 2025 est désormais disponible sur le Portail sécurisé du site
web de la HCCH :

Doc. prél. No 18C bis de février 2025	 Projet d'accord de siège entre le
Royaume du Maroc et la Conférence de La Haye de droit international privé
(HCCH) en vue de l'établissement d'un Bureau régional pour l'Afrique de la
HCCH – actuellement disponible en anglais uniquement

Ce projet d'accord a pour finalité de mettre en place le cadre juridique
international approprié à l’établissement et au fonctionnement du Bureau
régional envisagé au Royaume du Maroc. À cette fin, le projet d'accord
reconnaît entre autres la personnalité juridique de la HCCH et du Bureau
envisagé au Royaume du Maroc (art. 2), et rappelle les obligations
financières et autres du Royaume du Maroc (art. 3 et 4). Il veille
également à ce que certains privilèges et immunités soient conférés au
Bureau (art. 3 à 7) et à son personnel (art. 9 et 10).

Cet accord de siège ne constitue, dans sa formulation actuelle, qu'un
projet soumis à la décision du CAGP quant à l'établissement du Bureau
régional et dont la version définitive sera établie après la réunion du
CAGP.

LA HAYE, le 21 février 2025

Aux Organes nationaux et de liaison des Membres
Aux Missions diplomatiques des Membres

  _____

a

Circular Específica N.º 19 de la HCCH de 2025

Proyecto de acuerdo de sede para el establecimiento de una Oficina
Regional para África en el Reino de Marruecos

En relación con lo indicado en la Circular Especifica N.º 17(25) del 6 de
febrero, la OP informa a los Miembros que el siguiente documento
relacionado con el punto IV.1 de la agenda del CAGP de 2025 ya está
disponible en el Portal Seguro del sitio web de la HCCH:

Prel. Doc. No 18C bis of February 2025	 Draft host country agreement
between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Hague Conference on Private
International Law (HCCH) for the establishment of a Regional Office for
Africa of the HCCH – disponible, de momento, solo en inglés

El objeto de este proyecto de acuerdo es fijar el marco jurídico
internacional pertinente para la creación y el funcionamiento de la
Oficina Regional que se propone establecer en el Reino de Marruecos. A tal
fin, el proyecto de acuerdo reconoce, entre otras cosas, la personalidad
jurídica de la HCCH y de la Oficina que se propone establecer (art. 2), y
recuerda las obligaciones financieras y demás obligaciones que incumben al
Reino de Marruecos (arts. 3 y 4). También prevé que se concedan ciertos
privilegios e inmunidades a la Oficina (arts. 3-7) y a su personal (arts.
9-10).

De momento, el acuerdo de sede no es más que un proyecto, el cual se
finalizará después de la reunión del CAGP y estará supeditado a la
decisión de dicho órgano sobre el establecimiento de la Oficina Regional.

LA HAYA, 21 de febrero de 2025

A los Órganos Nacionales y de Contacto de los Miembros
A las Misiones Diplomáticas de los Miembros